We are looking for a qualified Accountant to join our Administrative team. The Accountant is responsible for effective administrative operations in the areas of accounting and purchasing.
- Education: Bachelor degree in accounting
- Experience: At minimum 1 year in general accounting for non-profit
- Ability to communication effectively.
- Ability to interpret policy and maintain emotional control under stress.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Utilize TADS, Quickbooks and ADP to manage accounting processes
- Develop and maintain financial record keeping and reporting systems
- Oversee payroll
- Collaborate with Board of Directors Finance committee
- Comply with local, state and federal reporting requirements
- Monitor cash flow and investments
- Pay invoices
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Issue financial statements monthly
- Provide information to the external CPA who creates the company’s financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Assist in setting and maintain the annual budget
- Assist department leads in monitoring their annual budgets
- Be aware of variances from the budget and inform Director of any issues
- Prepare and send tuition agreements to families (TADS)
- Manually add charges and payments to family accounts as necessary (TADS)
- Assist families with billing accounts (TADS)
- Monitor and follow-up on outstanding receivables
- Track, enter and report to church for child care
- Provide other duties as needed