The Day School 2022-2023 Covid -19 Policies and Procedures
The safety and well-being of our school community remains a top priority at The Day School. The following guidelines are subject to change as the Covid-19 situation evolves. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Screening: Families are asked to critically assess their child each day prior to coming to school each morning. As a reminder, the major symptoms of Covid-19 include
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Fever and/or chills
- Upset stomach
- Body aches
- Sudden loss of taste and/or smell
If your child is exhibiting any of these symptoms, or seems generally unwell, please keep them home. We ask that you keep your child home if someone in your home is sick so you can monitor for possible onset of symptoms. Our Day School staff will also be self-monitoring for symptoms daily.
- School Procedures: The following procedures are subject to change as conditions change. We will notify our families as our policies evolve.
- Staff will continue our stringent hand washing and cleaning procedures.
- Facility Operators will continue the daily cleaning procedures that were adopted last year and will continue to use the Covid-approved products. All shared spaces will be thoroughly cleaned in between uses.
- When to stay home: Please keep your child home if any of the following criteria is met:
- Your child is exhibiting symptoms of Covid
- Someone living in your home is unwell
- Your child has been exposed to someone who has tested positive for Covid
- It is required that after testing positive for COVID-19 any child or staff member must quarantine at home for 5 days and until they are without fever for 24 hours without taking fever reducing medication. All symptoms must be improving before returning to school.
Positive Case of Covid 19:
If your child tests positive for Covid please contact Janel Perez. Please note that this is protected health information and the identities of positive individuals will remain private.
Once the school is made aware of a positive case, we are required to report the information to Child Care Licensing as well as the Texas Department of State Health Services.
It is these governing agencies that will make the determinations regarding possible quarantines. These decisions are not made by The Day School.
The Day School will notify all individuals determined to be a close contact and will relay the recommendations that were made.
For more information on the recommendations from CDC, you can look at the following website - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/isolation.html.