The Day School 2021-2022 Covid -19 Policies and Procedures
The safety and well-being of our school community remains a top priority at The Day School. The following guidelines are subject to change as the Covid-19 situation evolves. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we work together to make this school year the best it can be for our students.
- Screening: Families are asked to critically assess their child each prior to coming to school each morning. As a reminder, the major symptoms of Covid-19 include
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Fever and/or chills
- Upset stomach
- Body aches
- Sudden loss of taste and/or smell
If your child is exhibiting any of these symptoms, or seems generally unwell, please keep them home. We ask that you keep your child home if someone in your home is sick so you can monitor for possible onset of symptoms. Our Day School staff will also be self-monitoring for symptoms daily.
- School Procedures: The following procedures are subject to change as conditions change. We will notify our families as our policies evolve.
- Day School staff will wear masks in all public spaces (hall, Chapel, etc) and during all drop-off and pick-up times. Inside their own classroom, masks will be worn at the teacher’s discretion.
- Masks are highly encouraged for all parents and visitors in our building.
- We are continuing our carpool procedure of keeping children in their own classroom until their number is called. The exception to this is for our students enrolled in Academy who will wait in Wight Garden with their own Academy class until called.
- Staff will continue our stringent hand washing and cleaning procedures that were adopted last year.
- Facility Operators will continue the daily cleaning procedures that were adopted last year and will continue to use the Covid-approved products. All shared spaces will be thoroughly cleaned in between uses.
- When to stay home: Please keep your child home if any of the following criteria is met:
- Your child is exhibiting symptoms of Covid
- Someone living in your home is unwell
- Your child has been exposed to someone who has tested positive for Covid
Positive Case of Covid 19:
If your child tests positive for Covid please contact Ashley Hickey. Please note that this is protected health information and the identities of positive individuals will remain private.
Once the school is made aware of a positive case, we are required to report the information to Child Care Licensing as well as the Texas Department of State Health Services.
It is these governing agencies that will make the determinations regarding possible quarantines. These decisions are not made by The Day School.
The Day School will notify all individuals determined to be a close contact and will relay the recommendations that were made.