This year, Chapel will be held in Wynne Chapel. Students in PreK4-Kindergarten will gather each Monday and Thursday for a time of informal worship. At the end of the Fall semester, PreK3 will have the opportunity to start attending Chapel in time for the first week of Advent!
Monday’s lesson is taught by Mrs. Flaherty, Mrs. Baker, or an HP Pres Minister, and on Thursdays the lesson is taught by a classroom teacher and her students. We sing songs of praise, learn Bible verses by memory and are immersed in the stories of God’s faithfulness and Jesus’ love for each one of us!
Our Biblical themes for the year are:
- God Made Me - The Creation; Adam & Eve
- God is With Me - Noah; Abraham & Sarah; Isaac; Jacob; Joseph; Moses
- God Loves Me - Hannah, Joshua, Gideon
- God Keeps Me Safe - David, Daniel
- I thank God - Thanksgiving, Feast of Booths
- Jesus is God's Gift - Advent, The Christmas Story
- Jesus is God's Son - Jesus' Chose Twelve Disciples
- Jesus Takes Care of Me - Paralyzed Friend, Jesus' First Miracle, Lazarus Lives Again, Jesus the Good Shepherd, Jesus Calms a Storm
- Jesus Teaches Me - Parables: The Lost Sheep, The wise and Foolish Builders
- Jesus is My Friend - Jesus and the little Children, Mary and Martha, Zaccheaus
- Jesus Loves Me - Mary's Gift for Jesus, Lent/The Easter Story, Jesus' Appearances, Great Commission and Ascension
- I Can Help Jesus - Pentecost, Philip, Peter, Saul/Paul, Paul and Silas
- Jesus Will Come Again