In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: "It is more blessed to give than to receive -Acts 20:35
The Day School values giving back to our community to further God's Kingdom. The benefits of generosity abound - not only does it please the Lord and impact our community for the better, it transforms the heart and mind of those who give. We believe in the power of empathy and kindness and the importance of teaching it to our students. Our Kindergarten Shepherds, who learn about service to others, help coordinate many of the projects.
Every year, our teacher-led Outreach Team coordinates monthly projects for student and family participation to bless our community. We partner with several community entities, such as:
- Body and Soul: Students make cards to share with the homeless
- Operation Christmas Child: Families fill shoeboxes that are shipped world-wide to bless children at Christmas
- Collecting food products for Salvation Army
- Collecting change for children's cancer research
- A field trip to local Retirement/Nursing homes to sing Christmas Carols
- Diaper drive to benefit local charities
While some outreach efforts change annually, projects are always selected with the developmental level of our students in mind.